White Collar Criminal Defense
Mark Beck has substantial experience in defending federal and state white collar criminal cases. He has represented numerous individuals as well as multinational and Fortune 500 companies and their officers, directors, shareholders and employees.
Representative cases at the investigation (pre-indictment) stages have involved the following industries and subjects:
- Intellectual Property: Theft of intellectual property in the United States and abroad.
- Aerospace: False testing, product substitution, quality assurance fraud, mischarging, defective pricing, and violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practice Act (FCPA).
- Banking and Finance: Currency reporting violations, money laundering, fraud, and embezzlement.
- Health Care: Kickbacks, state and federal fraud and abuse violations, and fraudulent insurance claims.
- Securities: SEC regulations and related federal criminal statutes.
- Public Corruption: Election campaign contribution violations, bribery, and acts of political corruption.
- Export / Import: Violations of laws regulating the export and import of technology, munitions, and other items.
- Trademark: Misappropriation and Counterfeiting.
- Tax: Violations of state and federal tax laws and regulations.
- Environmental: Violations of state and federal environmental regulations and statutes, including RCRA, CERCLA, and the Clean Air Act.
- Other Financial Crimes: Mail and wire fraud, RICO claims, Ponzi allegations, extortion, embezzlement, and bankruptcy fraud.